Money entitled to the parents
Urbia has compiled the most important funding opportunities for families with children for you. An overview: from maternity leave to child benefit.
New period of my life
Photo: © Colourbox
When young announcing the life of the mothers and fathers from scratch is turned inside out. In addition to the joy of pregnancy and on your own child, but also quite existential questions come to the fore. we have enough money for a child? Can we afford that one of the partners takes shorter career? How do I get as a single parent (s) ends meet?
Fortunately, there are numerous grants and funding opportunities, facilitate the start to the new life of the financial side for parents.
Urbia an overview of the current state of family support you with this article.
For working mothers, there is a protection period of six weeks before birth and eight weeks thereafter. one throughout that period there
Entitled to maternity pay and the corresponding employer subsidy.
The amount of maternity benefit
Women who receive no salary during maternity leave are entitled to financial compensation, called maternity allowance. The amount of maternity benefit is determined by the type of health insurance and income:
- Assured a statutory fund with sickness benefit will receive 13 euros per day from the cash register, the employer is the difference with the previous content. Unemployed receive maternity allowance in the amount of sick pay.
- Assured a statutory fund without sickness benefit (e.g. students) with a minor job get 13 euros from the health insurance generally. Jobless benefit II recipients is paid from the 13th week an additional demand surcharge of 17 percent.
- Are women family insured in a statutory fund and exert a minor employment, the Federal Insurance Office pays once 210 euros.
- Insured a private health insurance or without health insurance workers, the Federal Insurance Office also pays one-time 210 euros plus the employer's contribution (difference between 13 euros per day and the net wages).
- Should the employment relationship be resolved permitted during pregnancy, the parties will receive 13 euros maternity benefit health insurance. The employer contribution is paid by the health insurance or the Federal Insurance Office.
Child support can get all parents residing in the Federal Republic of Germany.
What is the child benefits (as of 01.01.2016)?
- for the first and second child monthly 190 euros
- for the third child 196 €
- for the fourth and each subsequent child monthly 221 euros
For whom child support can be applied for?
Child support there
- for all children up to 18 years.
- for children in education until the age of 25.
- for unemployed children bs the age of 21.
child benefit to the person the child is in their care is paid.
Important for single parents: To a child can always get just one person child support. The payment is made to the parent in whose household the child lives. the child lives alternately with both parents, they can determine who should receive the child benefit of both.
Where to apply?
To apply the child support in writing to the family budget of the Agency, of which it is well paid. A retroactive power can not for the full calendar year, in certain cases even be four years retroactively applied.
Public employees make their request to the competent authority of their employer. This child benefit then pays out monthly.
Who receives parental benefits?
Parents receive money parents whose child was born after 1.1.2007. It is paid to the parent who professionally exposed after birth and remains or at home with the child at least professionally shorter occurs. Parental benefits are available for employed workers, civil servants, self-employed and unemployed parents, students and trainees as well as adoptive parents.
What is the parents' money?
What the family allowance is dependent on income from before birth - of course the parent who stays at home or works less. It is between 65 and 67 percent of the relevant (infra) net salary (maximum 1,800 euros) monthly: Between 1,000 and 1,200 euros, 67 percent will be paid in Voreinkommen of 1,220 euros 66 percent and Voreinkommen of 1,240 Euros and more 65 percent. For the unemployed and people who are not working - such as students or mothers who are at home - a base amount of 300 euros is paid. This minimum parental allowance of 300 euros is always paid within twelve months if a parent cares for the child, regardless of whether the parent was employed before. The benefit is counted as income for unemployment benefit II, in the social welfare and the children's allowance.
For families with several children, there is the sibling bonus of ten percent of the parental allowance (minimum 75 euros) to do so. The condition is that either a child under three, or two children under six years.
For multiple births there is an increase of EUR 300 per child.
Was within the twelve months prior to the birth parents have money based on a different child, this period is excluded for the calculation of the new parental allowance. previous month are then used (before the birth of the previous child) for the calculation in which the parent may was still working.
Here you find the family allowance offices where you apply for the allowance can
As long as there is parental benefit?
The parental allowance is to be paid at least twelve months. When mother and father share the parental leave in the first year (that is, the other parent is at least two months from professionally), then the benefit period increased by two "partner month" to 14 months.
Upon request, families can withdraw the parental benefit over two years. Then, over the double period, half a month amounts to be paid.
Single mothers or fathers who were gainfully employed before the birth of the child, receive parental benefits for 14 months, as they meet Father and Mother months in a person.
How is the parental allowance calculated?
Decisive for the calculation is the average income in the twelve calendar months preceding the child's birth or before the utilized maternity protection period. This is to ensure that employees and self-employed are adequately addressed irregular order situation also limited.
Advertising costs, taxation and social be deducted from employees of gross income flat rate basis for calculating the relevant net income. The net income thus determined may differ slightly from actual net income. For self-employed earnings is used, according to the tax assessment for the last underwriting assessment period before birth and divided by twelve.
For families with small incomes there is an increased parental benefits: Is the net income less than 1,000 euros a month, the income replacement grows up to 100 percent. For every 20 euros less income the family allowance increases by one per cent.
- Parental allowance is to be a wage replacement. Who continues to work more than 30 hours a week, do not get a parental allowance, and the base amount.
- the mother receives after birth maternity allowance, parental allowance is paid for this time. The benefit period is shortened to eight weeks.
- The parental allowance is relevant to the income tax, because it is added to the income and determines the amount of the tax rate. Even it is not taxed and is duty free.
- The protected parental leave is maintained until the completion of the third birthday of the child.
What is parental benefit Plus?
Parental allowance Plus is intended for mothers and fathers who want to work even during the parental benefit cover and then part-time (25 to 30 hours a week). then two parental allowance plus months of a parental allowance Month. However, the maximum amount of money paid out corresponds to the half of the monthly parental allowance, the zukäme the parent without the part-time work. If both parents reduce their working hours to 25 to 30 hours a week, the family allowance Plus can be used four more months. This statutory power to facilitate equal sharing of family and work and support parents who want to start early after birth in the profession.
Child tax credit
Allowances for children are to guarantee the tax exemption of the subsistence level, which is necessary for the care of a child. However, while child benefits and child allowances against each other "offset". The tax office checks as part of the income tax, whether the parents better off by the tax-free child allowance or allowances, that is, have left for their children more money.
The child tax credit minimum subsistence amounts to 4,608 euros a year. The allowance for childcare, education and training needs is 2,640 euros a year. For married couples speaking, therefore, a child allowances in the amount of 7,008 euros (assessed jointly) or 3,504 euros (assessed separately).
The allowances for children reduce the amount of the surcharge and church tax.
Care costs can be deducted
From 2012 onwards, parents can make two thirds of the costs of care for their children under 14 years as special expenses for tax purposes. It can be credited per child maximum of 4,000 euros.
Improved deductibility of domestic workers and craftsmen
Since the amendment of the Family Benefits Act in 2009, 20 percent of the labor costs for household employment (eg child care) may be tax deductible. It is given to a maximum of 4,000 euros. Contractor costs excluding cost of materials can be asserted to a maximum of 1,200 euros.
What is the children's allowance?
The children's allowance is a supplementary benefit for child benefit, which is paid in families with insufficient family income of under 25 years old, unmarried children. It is intended to secure the livelihood of the children when the content of the parents only enough for their own care.
Parents are entitled to child benefit if:
- for these children Child allowance is based.
- the monthly income of the parents reach the minimum limit. These are 900 euros for married couples and 600 euros for single parents.
- the to be considered income and assets, the maximum income limit does not exceed and
- the need of the family is covered by the payment of the child supplement and therefore no right to unemployment benefits II / is social benefit.
A simultaneous receipt of unemployment benefit II or social assistance benefits and child benefit is not possible.
The amount of the child benefit
The children's allowance is calculated on the income and assets of the parents and the children. It is at most 140 euros per month. From 1 July 2016 are up to 160 euros per child. The child allowance is paid monthly together with the child benefit.
Applications for child benefit will only accept the family budget of the Federal Labor Agency, she is also responsible for editing.
Claim and extent of the social welfare
receives social assistance, who (for example, for health reasons) can not take care of himself and not available for the labor market. Social assistance can be provided to people in need in cash, in kind or as a service. It is customary to payment in cash, which is determined according to the so-called rule set.
Social assistance includes:
- assistance for living expenses
- basic security in old age and disability
- the assistance for health
- the integration assistance for disabled people
- assistance for the care and
- Other services in certain situations.
What is social assistance?
The standard rate is 331 euros in the new 345 euro in the former West Germany. For children there are different depending on age high percentages usually capacity (see basic provision for jobseekers).
Further assistance to be provided to families in a particular life situation such. B. require assistance in case of illness, pregnancy and maternity, disability, dependency or special social difficulties.
Social assistance in pregnancy
Pregnant women receive from the 13th week of pregnancy (until delivery) a surcharge of 17 percent of the standard rate of social assistance.
The cost of initial equipment for clothing and housing, and initial equipment of pregnancy and childbirth can also be adopted. These unique services will also need women who otherwise do not qualify for social assistance. This assistance is provided in the form of a fixed amount of money available. It is important to apply for these services before anything is purchased.
Social assistance for single parents
Single parents also receive an additional demand surcharge. For a child under seven years or two or three children under 16 years there are 36 percent of the standard rate performance. In other cases, there is per child twelve percent (but not more than 60 per cent of ruleset power).
For information on additional services for student parents, pregnant students or social assistance in stepfamilies are listed in the Family signpost of the Federal Ministry for Family Affairs.
Basic provision for jobseekers
This basic security is colloquially referred to as Hartz IV or unemployment benefits. It is intended for the food safety principle of working age people.
What is the standard benefit (from 01/01/2016)?
- Detached / single parent: 404 euros, usually required Level 1
Couples / benefit communities: 364 euros, usually required Level 2
Adults in the home of others: 324 Euros, need for control level 3
Young people from 14 to under 18 years: 306 euros, usually required level 4
Children from six to under 14 years: 270 euros, control demand Level 5
Children from 0 to 6 years: 237 euros, usually required Level 6
There are also here:
- More need for pregnant women from the 13th week, single parents or disabled or costly diet
- Benefits for accommodation and heating, including moving expenses and rent deposits, if necessary
- Services for one-time non encompassed by the control power requirements: initial equipment for clothing and housing, even during pregnancy and childbirth, as well as for multi-day school trips during the school regulations
- Contributions for health, care and pension insurance
Who will get help itself must do everything as quickly as possible not to be dependent on government support. Unemployment benefit II recipients and -Beziehern is therefore basically any work reasonable.
For parents of minor children work is not reasonable if it would endanger the child's education. However, the education of a child who has completed three years of age is generally not at risk if, for example, is maintained in a day-care facility or in day care or otherwise.
Who can claim child maintenance payments?
All single parents who receive no maintenance for their children receive child maintenance payments (including unexplained paternity).
Entitlement to advances on maintenance payments has a child when it
- living with a single parent and
- from the other parent or no maintenance for at least the minimum legal maintenance receives (or orphan references to its death).
- 12 years of age has not yet been completed.
What is the child maintenance payments?
The amount of the maintenance advance depends, just as the maintenance under the set for the respective step usually amounts:
- Children up to six years will receive 144 euros monthly.
- Children between six and twelve years of age receive 192 euros monthly.
Maintenance advance shall be granted only for 72 months. The payment ends at the latest when the child is twelve years old.
Links and further information
- Maternity benefit
Maternity benefit office
Hotline: 0228/619. 1877
- Child benefit and child allowance
Child Support Hotline: 01801 546337
- parental benefits
Information of the Family Ministry
Parental benefits calculator
All information at a glance:
Families sign the Family Ministry
To download and to order